Saturday, October 12, 2019

Week Eight Get Visual Part One

                     When comparing social media platforms, it can be easy to see from your own personal experiences which has the most use. Personally, I feel Instagram is perfect for the use of tangible goods as well advertising your services to the public. According to Sproutsocial.com (https://sproutsocial.com/insights/instagram-vs-facebook/) while Facebook has larger numbers of usage, Instagram's stats are far more impressive in terms of engagement. In their engagement studies they've calculated that Instagram's median engagement rates 1.60% compared to Facebook's 0.09% median engagement rate. Although most small businesses use Facebook to start getting the word of their business out to the public many are switching over to Instagram and staying on Instagram.

                    As for YouTube, they assume dominance on the web as the largest video streaming site as well as the second largest social media site after Facebook (https://mountaintopwebdesign.com/which-social-media-platforms-should-you-use-for-your-business-in-2019/). Businesses can benefit from YouTube by using it as a tool to demonstrate their product or give more information about their services. This gives customers a visual about what they are getting when buying a product or service. For example, I've watched Suavecito Pomade grow as a company ever since I first heard about their product; from a small pomade business that was still in the underground they are now sold in almost every barber shop. As you look through their YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/user/suavecitopomade) they post videos about how to use their products, what events they will be attending as well as fun to watch promotional videos. This is a great example of how utilizing YouTube as a way to market your products or services can grow your business.

                  Lastly, we have Snapchat; which is a great tool, but not every business can thrive through Snapchat alone (https://www.businessnewsdaily.com/9860-snapchat-for-business.html). I feel Snapchat is geared more towards personal use to instantly message, share pictures and videos to your close friends and family. Personally, I wouldn't use it for business because I feel it doesn't have the same effect as Instagram, Facebook or YouTube; I say this because you have to interact with your Snapchat "friends" on a more personal level and that can be time consuming. It is also geared towards a younger demographic (ages 12-24 being the average) so if your product isn't intended for a younger audience it is better to use other social media platforms (https://pulsemarketingagency.com/5-reasons-snapchat-for-business-blog/).

            Overall, Instagram has my full attention when it comes to marketing my own business. in the future I don't plan on limiting myself to Instagram alone but it is the one I choose to start off with. It is my personal favorite because it is easy to navigate and I am able to get my point across. I don't have to spend a long time looking for a button to help me post content or basically go through a background check while trying to create a simple profile like I have to when using Facebook.
               

No comments:

Post a Comment